The Sleasman Student Health Center provides services during the academic year to enrolled full- and part-time graduate students who have paid the health services fee-for-service of $105 per semester.
The facility is staffed with a full-time nurse practitioner and registered nurses. Patients are seen on an appointment basis during the spring and fall semesters.
The student health center provides care for acute episodic illnesses or injuries common to healthy college students. Services include, but are not limited to:
- diagnosis and treatment of minor acute illnesses.
- first aid for minor injuries.
- simple laboratory testing, such as the quick strep test for evaluation of sore throats, urine testing for urinary tract infections, anemia screening, and blood glucose testing.
- eye examinations for New York state driver license renewals.
- educational materials on many topics pertinent to college students.
- physical examinations and immunizations for class attendance.