United States Bureau of Indian Affairs Aid to Native Americans

Application Procedures

Application forms may be obtained from and submitted to the:

Bureau of Indian Affairs/Education
South and Eastern States Agency
1849 C Street NW
Washington, D.C., 20240

Or call 202.208.6123. An application is necessary for each year of study.

Each first-time applicant must obtain tribal enrollment certification from the enrollment clerk who records enrollment for the tribe.

Selection of Recipients and Allocation of Awards

To be eligible, the applicant must:

  1. be enrolled member of an American Indian, Eskimo or Aleut tribe, band or group recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs;
  2. be enrolled full time as an undergraduate in an approved college or university;
  3. be pursuing at least a two-year degree; and
  4. demonstrate financial need.

Award Schedule

Awards are contingent upon funds available and are based on financial need.

Responsibility of Recipients

For grants to be awarded in successive years, the student must make satisfactory progress toward a degree and demonstrate financial need.